- Material systems for future-oriented mulit-material design
- Understanding of materials for the development of lightweight structures, systems and processes
- Design and calculation methods for lightweight system engineering in multi-material design
- Virtual development of lightweight materials, structures and systems as well as the associated processes along the entire value chain
- Cross-material methods and technologies for closed recycling loops
- Function-integrative lightweight structures with sensor and actuator properties
- Destructive and non-destructive characterization of materials, components and systems to experimentally support the development of future materials
- Resource-efficient, self-adapting processing methods
- Lightweight design
- Calculation methods and simulation
- Thermoplastic processing
- Thermoset processing and preforming
- Joining technologies
- Testing methods and material models
- Function integration
- Novel materials and special processes
- Neutral lightweight engineering
Cooperation and services
Development of load-adapted lightweight structures
The ILK supports industrial partners in solving problems, especially in the field of modern lightweight structural design with high-performance materials.
Scientific consulting services include expert opinions, feasibility studies, calculations and prototype development. For this purpose, comprehensive material and component tests can be carried out at the ILK, even at short notice.
Lightweight engineering and polymer technology (lectures, workshops, seminars)
In line with the institute's profile, fundamental and current scientific topics in the field of lightweight engineering and polymer technology are covered across materials and products, and are also presented by expert staff using application-specific case studies.
The ILK's events address the different needs of function holders at all hierarchical levels. The spectrum ranges from intensive training courses on specialist individual problems of small startups to overview events for the top management of large companies and other institutions, in which future-oriented trends and sustainable development strategies are highlighted.
- Phone: +49 351 463-37915
- Fax: +49 351 463-38143
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- TUD website: https://tu-dresden.de/mw/ilk?lang=en
- Campus Navigator: https://navigator.tu-dresden.de/etplan/dür/00/raum/451200.0650